Saturday, December 18, 2010

Slow down

Some people see signs in the water trinkling down the inside of an overpass on a Chicago toll road. Some see signs in the shapes of Fritos or Ding Dongs or freshly dug potatoes. Some see signs in the megalithic stones of Poulnabrone Dolman in County Clare Ireland. I'm a little too dense to make sense of those kind of signs. In this Christmas season where everyone is rushing to parties, to stores for gift buying, to groceries for family get-togethers , I find that it takes a very clear and direct sign for me to notice it.



1 comment:

  1. I think one of the greatest Christmas Gifts we can give ourselves or loved ones is permission, indeed encouragement to slow down. Take my advice I seldom use it! Loved the illuminated cow. You do realize that our pigs will have you to thank for their luminous adornments... just sayin'

    ReplyDelete