Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Just Smile and Nod




August 11, 2009

I am a horse yeller. I failed the horse whisperer course. But my yelling seems to work. When I go out to the pasture and yell loudly "HORSES !", they come running. I am sure it has nothing to do with the bucket of grain I am holding. Its just pure respect I tell you.

My mare Nora, age 6, is the most receptive to my yelling, it seems to motivate her. Must be because we share so much in common. The love of running in circles, the desire to wind up the other horses for no good reason. I never ride enough, always making excuses..but I do love to play with my horses when I have an extra 10 minutes. When I was taking pics of Nora in my round pen last night she went into her head nodding game. Enjoy the video

No comments:

Post a Comment